TERMS & CONDITIONS
THE NUSPS MONTAGE 2021 COMPETITION IS ORGANISED BY THE PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY OF THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, NUSPS (“ORGANISER”) AND SUPPORTED BY CATHAYPHOTO, PROFOTO, NATIONAL YOUTH COUNCIL (NYC), SRISHTI DIGILIFE, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, AND STEPHEN RIADY GROUP OF FOUNDATIONS (“SPONSORS”).
- The document herein includes all the applicable terms and conditions for the participants as publicly postulated in https://2021.montage.sg/tnc in addition to the terms and conditions listed in the following paragraphs and clauses.
By submitting an entry to NUSPS MONTAGE 2021 Competition (the
- you hereby acknowledge that you have read and fully understood these terms and conditions (the "Terms & Conditions") which include all information on how to enter, how the winners will be determined, the prizes provided, and how personal data will be collected, retained, used, shared and distributed as deemed appropriate by NUSPS;
- you expressly agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, including, in particular but not exhaustively, those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data;
- you confirm that you do not, has not, and will not breach any law in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering the Competition.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the Terms and conditions at any point of time as deemed appropriate.
The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole and absolute
- amend, vary, or add any of the Terms & Conditions at any time before, during, and after the Competition without prior notice and by entering the Competition you agree to any such amended Terms & Conditions. If the Organiser amends or varies any Terms & Conditions relating to the collection, retention, use and/or sharing of personal data that has already been collected, such amendments and/or variations will be posted on the Competition website at https://2021.montage.sg/ (the “Website”); and
- terminate or disqualify any Participant’s entry for the Competition or reclaim and/or disqualify any Prize(s) (as defined below) at any time if it is the sole opinion of the Organiser that there has been a breach of any of the Terms & Conditions by such Participant (whether discovered during or after the end of the Competition).
- A "Qualifying Entry" refers to the successful submission of a completed entry by a Participant together with any other information requested upon submission. The Participant is fully responsible for completing the submission process and ensuring such successful submission has been executed. The completion, validity, and quantity of the particulars of each entry shall be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion.
- A "Participant" refers to a person aged 18 or above (or a person aged 17 or below with mandatory approval from their guardians) on their date of entry to the Competition who is a Singapore citizen and/or currently resides in Singapore, and who submits a Qualifying Entry during the Competition Period. The Participant aged 17 or below is responsible for requesting approval and/or agreement from the chosen guardians as to let the guardians acknowledge the Participant’s entry and submission for the Competition. The guardians must be aged 21 or above. The Organiser gives freedom of choice to the Participant to determine the preferred form of acknowledgement or agreement. However, the Organiser will not be held responsible for any negligence conducted by the Participant aged 17 or below who has violated point 6 in any way.
- You may submit one entry per category in the Competition through the social media platform Instagram, given that your Instagram account has been made Public, you are following @NUSPS, @srishtidigilife_sg and @CathayPhoto on Instagram and you use the relevant hashtags in your posts (#NUSPS, #Montage2021, #CathayPhoto, #Profoto, #CreateWithSrishti, #nycsg, #ycmsg, and #youngchangemakers) as well as in accordance with the category(ies) you specified during registration (#NUSPSChangeOpen, #NUSPSChangeYouth) for Montage 2021.
- Notwithstanding the above, where your entry in the Competition is prohibited or restricted by law or otherwise in your place of residence, it shall be deemed as completely void and will not be considered at all by Organiser and Sponsors.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition. Members of the Organising Committee and any partners, related companies, sponsors and/or advertising agencies, as well as their immediate families, may not enter the Competition under any circumstances.
- This Competition is solely based on skills particularly relating to photography. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits as chosen by the Organiser and the Sponsors, as set out in Paragraphs 14 to 16 below.
- The Competition is open for entry from 8th May 2021 00:00 hours (Singapore Time) to 11th July 2021 23:59 hours (Singapore Time) (the “Competition Period”). Participants are required to register by filling in the registration form in the Website as stated above, and select the category(ies) they would like to join (either Open Category or Youth Category or both). The age limits for each category will be based upon the full discretion of the Organiser. The Competition Period is subject to change without prior notice at the absolute discretion of the Organiser.
- Any entry submitted before the Competition Period or after the close of the Competition Period shall be void and deemed as invalid by the Organiser and the Sponsors.
To participate, all Participants are required to complete the
following during the Competition Period:
Take one to five photographs that represent ‘Change’ from the Participant’s point of view,
and in accordance to the prompt (stated on our website).
- Images must be original photographs captured by the Participant. For the avoidance of doubt, artwork and illustrations will not be accepted.
- Entries with multiple photographs must have a demonstrable storyline/message going from one photo to the next. If the multiple photographs submitted are a collection of standalone pictures, only take the first photo and the caption will be taken into consideration. Determination of whether your post fits the “storyline/message” criteria will be at the sole discretion of the judging panel.
Competition categories are as follows:
- #NUSPSChangeYouth: Youth Category, between 13 and 25 years old as of 1st January 2021
- #NUSPSChangeOpen: Open Category, above 13 years old
All the Images are uploaded via Instagram and Participants
must ensure that:
- their Instagram profile is set to "public";
- they "follow" @NUSPS, @CathayPhoto and @srishtidigilife_sg on Instagram;
- they tag the Images with #NUSPSChangeYouth or #NUSPSChangeOpen along with #NUSPS, #Montage2021, #CathayPhoto, #Profoto, #CreateWithSrishti, #nycsg, #ycmsg, and #youngchangemakers.
- Each entry should have a caption that is advised to be as short and succinct as possible. It should explain how the Images capture the essence of their story based on their own perspective.
Submissions are only valid if they satisfy the bare minimum
- Participant has registered on the Montage 2021 website.
- Participant follows NUSPS, Cathay Photo and Srishti Digilife on Instagram
- Relevant hashtags are used
- Both the photographs and accompanying caption must align to designated theme
Other information to take note of:
- No submission fees are required
- Each participant is allowed to submit for both categories if they meet the relevant age requirements
- Each participant can only submit one entry per category
- Must be residing in SINGAPORE during the duration of the event
- Take one to five photographs that represent ‘Change’ from the Participant’s point of view, and in accordance to the prompt (stated on our website).
Participants acknowledge and agree that for their Images to be
eligible for the Competition, they must comply with the
- the Images must be wholly the original work of the Participant, and shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- the Images must not have previously won or be shortlisted for any professional awards/prizes and/or be utilised previously in any marketing and advertising campaigns in any way or method;
- the Images submitted should be taken legally and in compliance with Singapore Law;
- no digital manipulation of the Images are permitted except for colour correction, the addition of filters and cropping, under agreeable amounts to be determined at the discretion of the Judges. The images submitted should not distort reality; whether a photo is deemed to distort reality is up to the discretion of the Organiser and judges.
- Participants must submit unique entries for each category. The same photo submission cannot be used to enter both categories
- The correct hashtag must be used (i.e. either #NUSPSChangeYouth or #NUSPSChangeOpen). Each photograph can only be tagged with one category. Do not use both hashtags in one Instagram entry. Such entries will be counted towards the Open Category by default.
At the end of the Competition Period, for each category (Open
Category and Youth Category):
- one (1) grand 1st prize winner (the "1st Prize Winner") will be selected by a panel of judges (the "Judges") authorised and selected by the Organiser and Sponsors, primarily based on the creative and artistic merits of the Images as well as the Scoring Criteria as stated in the FAQs section;
- one (1) 2nd prize winner (the “2nd Prize Winner”) will be selected by the Judges based on the creative and artistic merits of the Images as well as the Scoring Criteria as stated in the FAQs section;
- one (1) 3rd prize winner (“3rd Prize Winner”) will be selected by the Judges based on the creative and artistic merits of the Images as well as the Scoring Criteria as stated in the FAQs section;
- three (3) honorary mentions (“Honorary Mentions”) will be selected by the Judges based on the creative and artistic merits of the Images as well as the Scoring Criteria as stated in the FAQs section;
- All Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit, subject matter relevance, creativity of caption, and other additional criteria as deemed appropriate by the Organiser and the Sponsors.
- Any Participant who is found by the Organiser or the Sponsor to have plagiarized their submission shall not be considered for any prizes and will be disqualified or terminated without prior notice and blacklisted from all future events and competitions by the Organiser.
Judging will be conducted in two segments:
- Initial judging and shortlisting of 20 to 30 entries from each Category will be done by the Organiser, NUSPS. Shortlisted participants must submit the original JPEG files/film negatives of their entries to the Organiser from dates 13 July to 16 July. Failure to do so will result in their shortlisted spot being forfeited.
- Final judging by official judges and partners chosen by the Organiser and/or the Sponsors. The Organiser may select members of the Sponsors to be the official judges, if deemed appropriate, without prior notice.
- The Organiser and judges reserve the right to request for further supporting documents in relation to any entry.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence pertaining to the judging process will be entertained. Judges are chosen strictly by NUSPS and the committee reserves the right to amend, change and switch judges accordingly as deemed appropriate without prior notice.
- The 1st Prize Winner, 2nd Prize Winner, 3rd Prize Winner, and various Honorary Mentions (the “Prize Recipients”) will be selected and notified individually by private message (“PM”) via email, Instagram Direct or any other social media platforms deemed suitable by the Organiser. The Prize Recipients will be required to acknowledge receipt of the PM by providing such information as may be requested by the Organiser (including but not limited to full name and birthdate of the Prize Recipients) to the Organiser within three (3) days of such notification, failing which his/her Prize will be forfeited automatically and the Organiser shall be free to deal with the Prize in any manner as the Organiser sees fit.
Prize Recipients acknowledge and agree that upon confirmation of
receipt of the Prize, the Prize Recipients agree to:
- Have their full name and their Images displayed on the NUSPS Montage 2021 Website and Exhibition for as long as necessary.
- Such Images and content belong to the Organiser and the Sponsors and can be legally used by the Organiser and the Sponsors as they deem fit.
- Judges are required to declare that they have been impartial and objective in assessing the entries to the best of their abilities.
- Any participant found to influence the judging process, whether by bribing or approaching the judge regarding his/her entry, will be disqualified and blacklisted from Montage in the future. Judges that accept any such bribes or requests will be immediately removed from the judging panel.
For the Open Category, all Winners will:
- Be featured and credited on the Website, NUSPS social media platforms and Exhibition;
- The Organiser and Sponsors reserve the right to change the prize without prior notice
- For the Open Category, the 1st Prize Winner will be receive one (1) Profoto B10, Air Remote TTL and Umbrella Deep White S, Manfrotto MKELMII4BK-BH Element MII Aluminium Tripod with Ball Head, and Lowepro Slingshot SL 250 AW III (brand and model to be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion).
- For the Open Category, the 2nd Prize Winner will receive one (1) Fujifilm XT-30 kit with 15-45mm lens, Joby GorillaPod 3K Pro Kit and Lowepro Flipside 200 AW II (brand and model to be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion).
- For the Open Category, the 3rd Prize Winner will receive one (1) Manfrotto MKBFRTA4BK-BH Befree tripod and Manfrotto Pro Light Camera Backpack Bumblebee-220 (brand and model to be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion).
For the Youth Category, all Winners will:
- Be featured and credited on the Website, NUSPS social media platforms and Exhibition;
- The Organiser and Sponsors reserve the right to change the prize without prior notice
- For the Youth Category, the 1st Prize Winner will receive one (1) Fujifilm XA-7 kit with 15-45mm lens, Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminium Tripod and Manfrotto NX CSC Camera/Drone Backpack (brand and model to be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion). He/she will also receive a mentorship experience by a professional photographer engaged to deliver this prize.
- For the Youth Category, the 2nd Prize Winner will receive one (1) Manfrotto MKELMII4BK-BH Element MII Aluminium Tripod w/Ball Head and Lowepro m-Trekker BP150 Backpack (brand and model to be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion). He/she will also receive a mentorship experience by a professional photographer engaged to deliver this prize.
- For the Youth Category, the 3rd Prize Winner will receive one (1) Joby GorillaPod 3K Pro Kit and Manfrotto NX Messenger Camera Bag (brand and model to be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion). He/she will also receive a mentorship experience by a professional photographer engaged to deliver this prize.
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to deal with any unclaimed Prizes in any manner.
- Each Prize Recipient shall, if required by the Organiser, provide his/her original Identity Card, Singapore passport and/or Singapore visa, for verification of proof of eligibility for receipt of the Prizes. If requested by the Organiser, the Prize Recipients may be required to write a written agreement for the receival of prizes and any form of agreements and forms.
- The Organiser’s, Sponsor’s and judges’ decisions as to any matter relating to the Competition, including but not limited to any entry eligibility, the winning entry(ies) and the Prize Recipient(s), will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into about the Competition or the Organiser’s and/or Sponsor’s decisions.
Montage Workshops (“Workshops”) are held as a part of Montage
2021. Montage Workshops are:
Held online on Zoom.
Intended to be purely educational. No advantages will be granted to Montage 2021
Competition participants for attending workshops. Similarly, no disadvantages will be
imposed on Montage 2021 Competition Participants if they do not attend the Workshops.
- Montage 2021 Participants are strongly encouraged to participate in the Workshops for personal enrichment.
- Held online on Zoom.
To participate, all Workshop Participants are required to:
- Register for the Competition.
- Register for each Workshop that they want to attend.
- Participants will not be permitted to sign up for Montage 2021 Workshops if they have not signed up for the Montage 2021 Competition. However, they are not required to submit their entry to the Montage 2021 Competition before signing up for the Workshops.
Workshop Participants are expected to:
- Be punctual and arrive 15 minutes before the start of the workshop to facilitate administrative processes.
Be respectful in attitude and manner to the guest
photographer, host and other participants.
- No inappropriate language is allowed during the Montage Workshops, including but not limited to profanities, racial and religious slurs, as well as any and all derogatory language. NUSPS reserves the right to eject any participant found in breach of this rule and/or take any action, legal or otherwise in accordance with the Laws of the Republic of Singapore.
- Respect the intellectual property of the guest photographers. Refrain from making unauthorised copies of the Workshop material. NUSPS, and the guest photographer(s) reserve the right to take any action, legal or otherwise, against participants who use unauthorised copies of the Workshop for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
- To state their consent to being photographed or filmed during the Montage workshops and exhibition. This can be indicated in the individual event signup forms.
By participating in the Competition, the Participants and the
- if applicable, agree to the use of their name and/or likeness, without compensation, by the Organiser, Sponsors and/or any party authorised by the Organiser or Sponsors;
- if applicable, grant the Organiser, Sponsor and any party authorised by the Organiser an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and licence to use the Images, the Post-Contest Photos and any material submitted as a part of their entry into the Competition, and any footage or other material that features or otherwise includes the Prize Recipients (collectively, the "Works") in any manner, for any purpose the Organiser or Sponsors may see fit, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented;
- to the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world;
- undertake not to object to any use of the Works by the Organiser or the Sponsors or any party authorised by the Organiser or Sponsor.
By entering the Competition, you expressly agree to the
Organiser’s Data Policy set out at the end of these Terms. In
addition, you consent to the sharing of your Data (as defined in
the Organiser’s Data Policy) with the Sponsor, for use by the
Sponsor for the following purposes:
- The use of your name and country of residence for the purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or winner of the competition in subsequent publicity materials during and after the Competition Period.
With indication during registration, the use of your name and personal
email address used to register for Montage 2021 for the creation,
on your behalf, of a “MyProfoto” account, as well as permission to
use your email address to receive marketing materials sent by the
Profoto marketing team.
- You consent to your data being used for the aforementioned purpose(s) and consent to your personal data, specifically your name and email address used during registration, to be sent to Profoto AB in Sweden for administrative and marketing purposes. Data handled by the Profoto AB team in Sweden are held to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data protection regulation of the European Union. This transfer of data is in compliance with The Transfer Limitation Obligation - Ch 19 (270717).9 - PDPC, which can be found here: https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/-/media/Files/PDPC/PDF-Files/Advisory-Guidelines/the-transfer-limitation-obligation---ch-19-(270717).pdf NUSPS will not, however, be held responsible for any loss of personal data in transmission to Profoto AB, Sweden.
- The Organiser and/or Sponsors reserve the right to modify your Images and captions as necessary, including but not limited to editing, resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, while maintaining the integrity of your Images and captions as originally created.
- The Prizes (and the monetary value thereof) are subject to variation at the discretion of the Organiser and the Sponsors, and any change will be final and binding upon every Participant in the Competition.
- The Prizes will be given to the Prize Recipients as set out in the Terms and Conditions. The Prize Recipients must accept their Prizes in that form. The Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash credit or kind, either in part or in full except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organiser and is subject to the terms and conditions accompanying the Prize (if any). The Prize cannot be sold or bartered. There is no refund for partially used Prize(s). The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion withdraw and/or substitute the Prizes with any other item of similar value without notice and without furnishing any reason. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize Recipient is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to the Prize.
- All particulars submitted by each Participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification, forfeiture or withdrawal of any Prize won in the Organiser’s and Sponsors’ sole discretions.
- The Organiser and the Sponsors shall not be liable in any way for any failure, non-functioning and/or breach by any party in connection with the Competition, and/or the acceptance and/or use of the Prize, howsoever caused and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by a Participant arising from the Competition or the Prize. The Organiser makes no warranties, representations or guarantees either expressed or implied regarding any Prize including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- In all cases, the Organiser will not be held liable for the Prize if it does not reach the Prize Recipient for reasons beyond the Organiser’s control.
The Prizes are subject to:
- any rules and regulations pertaining to the claiming of the Prize in the country where the Prize Recipient is a resident; and
- the terms and conditions of any third party supplier of the Prize.
- The Winners may be liable for any expenses not specified on the description of the Prize.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, each and every Participant agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified, and hold harmless, the Organiser, the Sponsors, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, students and affiliates from and against any and all claims, loss, damage or liability suffered and fees and costs incurred, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any act, neglect or default or breach by the Participant or any person who may be authorized by the Participant, of any of the Terms and Conditions.
- Each Participant, by entering the Competition, expressly releases the Organiser and the Sponsors from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Competition or the Prize, if any. In particular, each Participant acknowledges that elements of the Prize may be provided by third parties over whom the Organiser and Sponsors have no control, and acknowledges that the Organiser and Sponsors accept no responsibility for any claims, actions or demands arising out of or in connection with such elements of the Prize.
- The Organiser and the Sponsors shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Participant's information. This will include but is not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to the reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Organiser or the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, all without question or need for communication to said party and without the Organiser or Sponsors being liable to said party in any way.
- In the event of any dispute arising or relating to the Competition, the Participant and the Organiser agrees to use best endeavours to resolve the dispute promptly and amicably, by good faith negotiation.
- By participating in this Competition, the Participant hereby agrees that he/she shall not, directly or indirectly, give, promise or offer and undertake not to give, promise or offer money, donations, gifts or other benefits whatsoever in order to influence with corrupt intent the Organiser or any private person or business, or any employee or official of any government or government related establishment or public international authority, any political party (or candidate or official), or anyone acting on the Organiser’s behalf, in the exercise of authority or in connection with obtaining any improper benefit or advantage with respect to this Competition or any matter covered by these Terms and Conditions or otherwise take any action (or fail to take action when required) that would violate any applicable laws, including but not limited to, the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the U.K. Bribery Act 2010, the Singapore Prevention of Corruption Act (Chapter 241) or any applicable local laws and/or regulations.
- Any provision of the Terms and Conditions that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of that prohibition or unenforceability. That does not affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction nor invalidate the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
- The law applicable to the Terms and Conditions is the law of the Republic of Singapore and the courts of the Republic of Singapore will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
Entry to the Competition
Organizer's Data Policy
Your entry into the Competition requires you to provide certain
personal information (including, but not limited to, your full
name and date of birth) (your "Data"). If you do not
provide your Data as requested, your entry into the Competition
will be invalid and you will not be able to participate in the
This data policy section under “Organiser’s Data Policy” describes how the Organiser will deal with your Data.
- The Organiser:
Retention of Data
- will not retain the Data longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the Data was provided;
- will take such steps as are reasonably practical to protect the Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction;
- may store and/or transfer the Data outside the country in which you reside or in which the Data was collected.
Use of Data
- may use the Data for the sole purposes of conducting the Competition, for the creation of individual “My Profoto” Accounts and for the inclusion into mailing lists to receive marketing materials from Srishti Digilife and Profoto;
- will not use the Data for any purpose other than those specified above.
Access to Data
- request access to a copy of your Data;
- request correction of your Data; and/or
- withdraw your consent to your Data being used for particular purposes.
Contacting the Organiser